About Dirty Dog Farm
We're Jesse Warner and Josh Schwab, the owners (and farmers) here at Dirty Dog Farm.
We started Dirty Dog Farm in 2016, right after graduating from The University of Vermont's Farmer Training Program.
These days the farm is located in Clermont, New York in southern Columbia County. We manage about 400 acres spread across multiple properties.
When we started the farm, our goals were to:
• Raise animals in a way that improves the ecosystem while producing nutritious food for our local community.
• Help rejuvenate the agricultural economy of the Hudson Valley
We are working hard to achieve those goals, and we could we could talk (or type) your ear off about how and why we raise food like we do.
To keep it simple, here are some basics about our operation:
• Our cattle are 100% grass-fed and finished
• Our chickens live outside and eat a supplemental diet of 100% non-GMO grain from a mill down the street
• All of our animals are moved around the farm regularly to contribute to soil and environmental health
If you want to know more about our production practices, follow us on Instagram or Facebook, and check out our blog. We work hard to produce content that gives a truly honest look at how we farm.
We also know that agriculture is more than just producing food. We need to actually feed people.
That’s why we strive to give our community and the Hudson Valley a simple, hassle-free way to nourish and care for your family.
We are grateful for the support of our customers and neighbors, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out and ask!